Who are we?
Vigo Stay is the International Immersion Program branch of Schoolhouse, a private language school in Vigo, Spain.
Schoolhouse, founded in 1989, has three centers in Vigo. We are the largest private language school in the city, and in Galicia.
In the early 90's we started sending people abroad to study. Ireland, United Kingdom, the USA or Canada were some of our destinations. The multiple contacts made in those countries we visited, started to demand a program to receive students in our hometown; so this is how Vigo Stay came to be. Our three centers in Vigo provide the infrastructure, potential host families and an incredible staff including teachers, admin personnel, coordinators and group leaders.
We have been working in both, the education and international programs fields, for more 30 years. Our vast experience sending people abroad and teaching people in our town has led Schoolhouse and Vigo Stay to be a reference in the area.
Three types of program are available:
- Summer immersion program in a host family and Spanish classes
- Summer immersion program in a host family
- School year in Vigo (3 week experience, a term or full year)
Click on any for further information
Vigo is a
unique city located in Northwest of Spain, on the Atlantic Coast of Galicia. It's size and population, 300.000
people, makes the city vibrant but also safe.
- Location & Soft Climate. Its unique geographical location makes Vigo the perfect candidate for a holiday. The average temperatures in summer vary between 24º and 29º C degrees, in Winter they rarely fall below 6º C. Within a 150km radius, there are 3 international airports (Vigo, Santiago and Porto).
- Beaches. Rodas, in the Cies Islands has been named several times as one of the best beaches in the world (sometimes even the best one!). 9 of Vigo's beaches have been awarded with the Blue flag for water quality, environmental education and information, environmental management and safety, services and facilities. 56 beaches have Blue Flags in the province of Pontevedra alone and 109 in Galicia.
- Big city but comfortable and safe. 300.000 inhabitants make Vigo the biggest city in Galicia, with one of the lowest crime rates in the country, Vigo is one of the safest destinations for children, teenagers and young adults.
- Affordable. Vigo is beautiful, vibrant, relaxing and economical.
- Virgin nature. Despite being a large industrial city, Vigo's location is privileged. We are surrounded by untouched natural environment which includes National Parks, such as Cies Islands, hiking trails or even a stretch of the Portuguese Way of St. James (Camino de Santiago).
Vigo, from different perspectives. Take a look at these videos: